MVi Marine Amplifiers are available in eight models. They offer jl audio marine unmatched sound quality, vast installation versatility, and quick setup/DSP tuning via TuN Software
JL Audio, a U.S.-based manufacturer and designer of marine audio products, has today revealed the “MVi” series of networkable DSP amps for the marine market. Eight models were unveiled to meet the needs of boat builders and boat owners. VXi amplifiers can be controlled from the cockpit of a boat with JL Audio’s TuN(tm software.
Dr. Stephen Leigh (Vice President Electronic Engineering, JL Audio) stated that boats present unique challenges in achieving the best sound quality from an audio system. The new MVi marine amplifiers have integrated DSPs, making it easy and quick to tune an audio system to an exceptionally high standard. The setup is quick and easy with our TuN(tm software. Once complete, the audio will be more dynamic, accurate, and more enjoyable to listen to than any conventional marine audio system.
Each MVi amplifier has an integrated, high performance triple-core AKM (r) DSP. This allows for intelligent optimization of each channel’s timing and frequency response. Each MVi amplifier has DSP that extends beyond the internal amp channels. There are analog pre-amp outputs that allow for independent DSP processing. The MVi amplifiers have six sound presets that can be stored, which allows boaters to change sound profiles with a push of a button. This allows a system’s tuning for different operating conditions such as “docked”, running, “sandbar”, etc.
- JL Audio offers a complete line of DSP-enabled marine amps. JL Audio also has a variety of marine-grade peripheral pieces that simplify the installation process.
- A Bluetooth(r) communicator is required to enable wireless communication between compatible mobile devices and the MVi amplifier/network.
- A weather-tight network hub (MVi–HUB) that can network up to six MVi amplifiers, one master and five slaves, for full system DRC control and preset selection
- A push button control with RGB indicator (MDRC-50) allows preset selection from helm
JL Audio’s next generation NexD(tm), amplifier technology, further enhances the world-class audio performance MVi amplifiers. The NexD2 ™ design uses new directFET(r), MOSFET technology. It has a completely redesigned layout and direct DSP control over multiple amplifier channels. This is designed to improve fidelity, reduce noise, and deliver exceptional power efficiency.
- JL Audio was able, to increase the wow-factor, to pack all the technology into a stylish alloy chassis with weather-tight, speaker, and JLid network connectivity.
- JL Audio Unveils the Largest Marine Subwoofer To Date
JL Audio has announced today the 12-inch M7 marine subwoofer with infinite baffle operation. This subwoofer will be the company’s flagship marine subwoofer. The M7 can handle twice as much power as JL’s powerful 10-inch M6 subwoofers. It also has a greater woofer excursion that any other JL Audio marine submarine subwoofer. This subwoofer has 2.25 times as much air displacement potential than its smaller counterpart. This gives you an additional output power of over 6 decibels. While all this extra output power can be fun, there’s more to it than just sheer power. The M7 subwoofers have been designed to reproduce powerful, high-impact bass with low distortion. This will amaze listeners with its sound quality, balance, and depth.
The M7 uses the same grille design as the M6 marine speakers. They can be integrated seamlessly into any boat to provide powerful bass. There are two types of grilles available: the “Classic”, which has an all-white slat design, and the “Sport,” with a split-spoke design. Gloss White and Gunmetal/Titanium dual metal finishes are available for the latter. Transflective(tm), JL Audio’s RGB LED illumination technology, is available on all M7 subwoofers. It provides a striking lighting effect with no reflections or hot spots.
Dwayne Spranbroek, Vice President Loudspeaker Engineering for JL Audio stated that M7 is the most powerful, efficient infinite baffle subwoofer ever designed for marine use. These subwoofers are large and stylish, providing boaters with high-quality, powerful bass that elevates marine audio. Our exclusive Transflective RGB illumination technology adds a stunning visual enhancement.
To ensure durability and reliability in marine applications, jl audio marine all materials, fasteners, and assembly techniques used in manufacturing M7 Subwoofers have been carefully designed. To ensure that they meet industry standards for corrosion resistance and UV resistance, all components and subwoofers are tested in harsh environmental conditions.
The M7 subwoofers are now part of the extensive JL Audio product line, which was built in Miramar Florida, using components from its global supply network.
JL Audio’s marine and car audio dealers will sell M7 subwoofers. They will also be included in select boats by the following brands: Barker Boatworks.
Specifications for the M7 jl audio marine Subwoofer
- Subwoofer marine subwoofer 12 inches 4-ohm
- Injection-molded mica-filled, polypropylene woofers with synthetic rubber surround
- Centrex polymer grille and basket, with stainless steel backplate
- Binding posts made of marine-grade brass, gold-plated
- Marine-grade synthetic fiber spider
- This baffle installation kit is designed to be used in infinite installations
- 600 watts continuous power handling
- Sensitivity: 86.7dB
- Mounting depth: 7.94 in / 202 mm
- Warranty: 2 Years
JL Audio also has a marine-grade RGB controller (Model MLC–RW). It features a small, mount-anywhere design and an easy to use rotary knob that allows you to adjust the intensity and color of the speakers’ illumination. This RGB controller is compatible with the M7, M6, and M3 products as well as all other RGB lighting options on a jl audio marine boat.
JL Audio M6-10IB-C-GwGw-4: 10-inch (250 mm) Marine Subwoofer Driver, Gloss White Trim Ring, Gloss White Classic Grille, 4 Ω
M6 10-inch Marine Subwoofer for Infinite-Baffle Use (250 W, 4 Ω) – Gloss White Trim Ring, Gloss White Classic Grille With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies. This allows your whole system to play louder and to sound cleaner at all listening levels. Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the M6 infinite-baffle woofers are designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure. Long excursion capability and rugged suspension systems help produce deep, powerful bass response that will transform your boat’s audio system. The M6-10IB is best used with amplifier power in the 75W – 250W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 56.6 l). If you need a Subwoofer that operates in a small sealed enclosure, select our M6-10W, instead. Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
- Injection-molded polypropylene cone improves the robustness of the speaker, allowing for clean and clear audio reproduction
- Aluminum dome tweeter provides a smooth upper frequency response and increased efficiency
- Overhung voice coil reduces distortion and increases power and efficiency to deliver a truly high-quality sound experience
- Fully sealed crossover components provide full protection from the harsh marine environment and improved frequency response, for a detailed audio spectrum
- Bright 2.7″” optically bonded color LCD with album art
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Apple AirPlay 2 for seamless high-quality audio streaming
- Built-in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology with custom audio profiles for superior quality audio
- Enjoy the freedom of musical choice with Fusion PartyBus-Network technology and an intuitive user experience (stereo grouping, volume contol, power options and home zone)
- Rated IPX6 and IPX7 water-resistant with True-Marine accreditation and a 3 year limited consumer warranty”